Professional Growth and Development
- Pacific Northwest Great Teaching Seminar: June 16-20, 2019. Attended the Pacific Northwest Great Teaching Seminar: a multidisciplinary and highly interactive experience
where educators share their innovations, and ideas for solutions to difficult problems encountered in the community college classroom.
- ORMATYC Conference:April 25-27, 2019.
Attended the ORegon Mathematical Association of Two Year Colleges (ORMATYC) Conference.
$CMC^3$ Recreational Mathematics Conference: April 27th and 28th, 2018.
Attended the California Mathematics Council of Community Colleges Recreational
Mathematics Conference held at Lake Tahoe Community College.
- Active Learning Conference: January 12th, 2018.
Attended a multidisciplinary Active Learning Conference hosted by Merced College.
- Textbook Affordability Plan Examples: February 23rd, 2021.
An OpenOregon webinar showcasing finished textbook affordability plans which comply with Oregon's HB 2213.
- Innovative Textbook Procurement Models: February 19th, 2021
An OpenOregon webinar featuring successful yet non-traditional textbook and materials procurement models at two different institutions.
Both models presented are inclusive of all stakeholders (students, faculty, library, campus bookstore) and allow for any faculty-chosen materials
including OERs and commercially-produced materials.
- Online Course Development: (EDUC 50) Columbia College, Spring 2018.
Took this course to gain facility with online learning resources and to prepare for teaching and developing online
courses when needed by the department.
- ACCJC Accreditation Basics Certificate: September 6th, 2017
- Level I and Level II CRLA Tutoring Certificates. 1996,1997
- On Permutiples Having a Fixed Set of Digits, INTEGERS Electronic Journal
of Combinatorial Number Theory. 17, #A20, 2017.
- Derived Palintiple Families and Their Palinomials, INTEGERS Electronic Journal
of Combinatorial Number Theory 16, #A27, 2016.
- Some General Results and Open Questions on Palintiple Numbers, INTEGERS
Electronic Journal of Combinatorial Number Theory 14, #A42, 2014.
- Deriving Divisibility Theorems with Burnside’s Theorem (with Tyler J. Evans),
INTEGERS Electronic Journal of Combinatorial Number Theory 5(1), #A26, 2005.
- Digit Preserving Multiplication in Continued Fraction Representations, arXiv:1702.04760, #A27, 2017.
- Some Thoughts on Determining Symmetric Palintiples, arXiv:1410.2356, 2015.
- A Hybrid Cellular Automaton Model of Smoldering in Forest Floor Duff,
Unpublished Paper with Elizabeth A. Burroughs, J. Morgan Varner III, and Christopher J. Dugaw, 2009.
- A Stochastic Spatial Model for the Consumption of Organic Forest Soils in a Smoldering Ground Fire (Master's Thesis),
Humboldt State University, 2008.
- Group Actions in Number Theory, (with Tyler J. Evans) arXiv:math/0508396, 2005.